The recommended method of heating and cooling for our climate is an electric heat pump. An electric heat pump that's installed correctly will give you and your family the benefit of cost-savings comfort for many years. Through our Heat Pump Program, we offer loans to qualified applicants, add the loan payments to your monthly energy bill, and provide for you to have a FREE final heat pump inspection to help ensure a quality installation.
Total FINANCING is $10,000, which covers installation of the heat pump system, as well as bringing attic and floor insulation up to standards. A total of $12,500 is available for individuals installing two units or a specialty heat pump. The interest rate is a fixed rate, with a payback period of ten years. Customers may pay the loan off at any time with no penalty. Loan payments are added to customers' monthly energy bills; therefore, individuals only receive one bill for two services. Customers must select a member from our Quality Contractor Network (QCN) list to install their unit(s) and must participate in JCPB’s TALO – Water Heater Program in order to qualify for heat pump program benefits.
Estimate the Annual Savings from upgrading your heat pump.
- Call JCPB's Marketing Department at 952-5142 or email to schedule an appointment to complete the application forms or to receive an information packet by mail.
- Each customer will receive an information packet, which includes a list of the Quality Contractor Network (QCN) Members, as well as copies of their paperwork. All applicants must choose a QCN Member to be eligible for financing and shall participate in JCPB’s TALO – Water Heater Program. It is recommended that customers obtain approximately three estimates from QCN Members; however, this is not required.
- The application forms take approximately ten minutes to complete, and an application fee of $50.00 is paid when the forms are submitted for approval.
- JCPB will contact the customer within two to three working days to let them know whether or not they have been approved for credit. The customer may then select the QCN member of their choice.
- After the unit has been installed, the QCN Member contacts JCPB to schedule a heat pump inspection. The final inspection ensures that the individual's unit has been installed to standards. In addition, JCPB staff will schedule a time to install the TALO device on the customer’s water heater.
- A JCPB representative will contact the homeowner to schedule a time for a JCPB service member to install the TALO device on the water heater(s). The average time to install this device is about 30 minutes. Once the device has been installed, customers will receive a $40 credit (per TALO device installed) on their monthly energy bill (allow 4 – 6 weeks). In addition, customers may take advantage of the FREE thermostat and element water heater maintenance/replacement for any water heater by which the TALO device is installed provided replacement parts are readily available. *Some exclusions may apply.